This week I helped a client (a landscape designer) to organize her garden tools and supplies! It was such a treat to think past the snow and towards gardening.
Top tips for organizing garden things:
- Use your vertical space. This client had a small section of the basement for her garden supplies, but she used the wall space efficiently: she had one rack for long handled tools, and was planning to purchase 2 smaller racks to hold hand tools.
- Hooks also help maximize wall space. I loved how this client used a hook, cinch strap and zip ties to keep her favorite hose organized for the winter.
- Use bins to corral small items. We used plastic and metal bins to keep gloves, hose parts, and seed packets organized.
- Label the bins for easy reference.
- Only keep what you really use. Broken tools and planters need to go or be recycled.
This article was first published in the March/April 2015 edition of The Neat Sheet newsletter