Soon my daughter will head off to Kindergarten and I’ll be the parent of a child in elementary school! How did that happen?
My mom friends who have been through this already have warned me about the onslaught of school-related paperwork and emails. This was high on my list so today I started to prepare. Here’s what I did:
- Purged and recycled nearly all the paperwork from the file folder for my daughter’s pre-school…saving only the progress reports for posterity
- Purged all the pre-school papers out of my Family Information binder
- Scanned the pre-school class list to my computer so I can keep all the contact information (for future play dates) but get rid of the paper
- Put the Kindergarten class roster and school calendar into my Family Information binder for quick reference
- Added all the dates from the new school calendar to the Google calendar that I share with my husband (I LOVE Google calendar)
- Set up a folder on my computer for my daughter’s new school and downloaded some important information from the school’s website
Hope I’m ready!