Corners are magnets for clutter! Things seem to end up in the corners of our rooms, often in piles, bags, or boxes. If you really want to clear the clutter, take a look at what's hiding out in the corners.
Here’s how to get started:
- Pick one corner to tackle. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Pull everything out. Toss and recycle what you can.
- Put items in categories, and put away what you can.
- Consider each item and why it ended up in the corner. Does it not have a place to go? Or is the place it goes over stuffed? Does the item require an action? Is it in transition to go somewhere else (to be donated, to a friend, to a family member)?
- Deal with each of the items. If they have to go into a space that is overstuffed, put it in the area and then schedule another time to declutter that space. You can also schedule time to follow up and make decisions or add the action items to your To Do list. If items are going out, put them near your door or in your car and resolve to pass them on within a week.
Once you’ve been able to clear the clutter in your corners, enjoy your space! The room will feel more open and peaceful.